This sweet, smoky coconut bacon is a game changer – and it tastes just like “real” bacon! Sprinkle it on avocado toast, loaded mashed potatoes, or on top of a salad to add the perfect crunch. Make bacon vegan!
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 TBSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 TSP Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TSP Liquid Smoke
- Optional: Red Pepper Flakes, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Garlic Powder, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except for coconut flakes in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly add the coconut flakes, and stir to coat.
- Place coconut flakes onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-20 minutes tossing frequently (they burn easily!).
- Let the coconut bacon cool for 5-10 minutes, then eat right away or store in the freezer*.
*Coconut bacon lasts up to 3 months in the freezer – and it doesn’t take long to thaw!
Keywords: coconut bacon