For a kale salad to be successful, you have put your love into it. Massage 3-5 minutes, dress it up, and forget the stereotypes you’re used to hearing surrounding salad!
- 2 Bundles Curly Kale
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Fresh-squeezed Lemon Juice
- Handful of Swiss chard, Spinach, or Pre-packed Salad Mix
- Dressing of choice (I use about 1-2 TBSP, use however much (or little) you want)
- Toppings (Cucumbers, croutons, berries, nuts, broccoli, anything you want)
- Salt & Pepper *Optional but recommended
Rinse and dry one (or two) bundles of kale. Then, pick the kale leaves off of the stalk and using a knife, chop your kale into bite-sized pieces.
Add your kale to a large bowl and drizzle olive oil and lemon juice. Massage the kale for about 3-5 minutes. Massaging kale helps break down the tough cell structure and removes some of the bitterness. It’s also a lot easier for you body to digest and makes for a more appealing, tender salad.
At this point, I add in Swiss chard, spinach, fresh herbs, or really anything I have in the fridge that’s leafy! Give it a gentle toss and drizzle your dressing onto the salad mix.
- Add your toppings, plate, and enjoy!
Nutrition label only shows the kale, lemon juice, and olive oil. Depending on the toppings you want to add to your salad, these will vary! If you’d like to know the nutrition facts for your salad, leave a comment of what you used & roughly how much and I’ll let you know! 😊
- Category: Lunch
Keywords: Salad, kale