Looking for your next favorite dipping sauce (or salad dressing)? Do I have a treat for you!
This homemade vegan ranch dressing checks all the boxes in my book – easy, delicious, and healthy. (What more could you want?) 🙂
Most store-bought (and some homemade) ranch dressings have mayonnaise, eggs, some type of milk, sour cream, and of course – spices.
My homemade ranch dressing is a bit different than your typical ranch dressing – the main ingredient is hemp seeds!
Hemp seeds are known to boost heart health, protect the brain, and they’ve been said to relieve rheumatoid arthritis! I’ll usually put them into a smoothie bowl or sprinkle them on a baked sweet potato – but I’ve got to be honest, this is one of my favorite recipes with hemp seeds.
But don’t let the fact that it’s vegan scare you away! Even meat-eaters will absolutely love this recipe (and the health benefits, too!).
How to Make Vegan Ranch Dressing
Apart from the hemp seeds, you’ll need fresh dill, minced garlic, onion powder, fresh chives, parsley, lemon juice, oat milk, and salt (though the salt is 100% optional).
Two quick things before we get into how to make this dressing:
- I personally like the taste of oat milk in this recipe, but you can use silk, almond, coconut, or even cow’s milk if you’d like! (Of course, cow’s milk makes it non-vegan!)
- You can use dried spices (and garlic powder) instead of fresh. I try to use fresh produce and garlic when I can but I typically always use onion powder. I tried fresh onion once and it was almost too much.
To make this vegan ranch dressing, all you need to do is combine the ingredients into a small blender and mix together until combined.
Yup, that’s it. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy, right?
Place your dressing in a mason jar or container and leave it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
For best results, use within 3-5 days.
I personally love using this vegan ranch dressing with my cauliflower hot wings – it pairs so well together 🤤Print
Whether you pour this on top of a salad or dip hot wings and veggies in it, this vegan ranch dressing will hit the spot every time!
- 1 1/2 Cup Oat Milk
- 1 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 2 TSP Fresh Dill
- 2 TSP Fresh Minced Garlic
- 2 TSP Onion Powder
- 2 TSP Fresh Chives
- 2 TSP Fresh Parsley
- 1 TSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- Optional – Dash of salt
- Add all ingredients into a small blender and blend well to combine.
- Pour ranch dressing into a mason jar (or any container) and refrigerate until ready to use.
To ensure your vegan ranch dressing stays fresh, be sure to use it within 5 days of making.