For Cashew Ricotta Cheese:
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews, Soaked Overnight
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- 3 TBSP Distilled White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar*
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
For the Meat Filling:
- 1 Package Beyond Beef**
- 2 Cups Raw Walnuts
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Tamari***
- 1 TSP Liquid Smoke
- Dash of paprika & oregano
- 1 Box Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Can Organic Tomato Sauce
- Fresh Basil
For the Cashew Ricotta Cheese:
- Soak the cashews overnight (alternatively, you could boil them for 30 minutes to an hour).
- Once your cashews are soaked, drain the water and place the cashews into a food processor along with the other ingredients.
- Blend until fully combined and chill for at least an hour.
For the Noodles & Meat Filling:
- Place noodles into a large pot and cook until almost done.
- While your noodles are cooking, add the beef to a skillet to brown.
- Add all other ingredients into a food processor and combine. Then, add to the skillet and mix together.
- Take your noodles out of the water, gather your filling & cheese, and get ready to build your lasagna.
Making the Vegan Lasagna:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add a layer of sauce to the bottom of your pan. Follow with noodles, beef, and cashew ricotta. Repeat until you’ve filled the pan to the top.
- Stir the remaining sauce with the cashew ricotta and place on top of lasagna. Add fresh basil, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Cool & serve!
* If using apple cider vinegar, drop it down to 2 TBSP.
** You can swap for ground beef if you’d like, too!
*** You can swap the tamari for soy sauce.