Ahh, peanut butter cookies.
If you ask me, a good peanut butter cookie could knock a chocolate chip cookie out of the park.
Especially if you make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies *heart eyes*
This peanut butter cookie recipe has been perfected throughout the years and I’m so excited to share it!
Key Ingredients For Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
The most important ingredient is, you guessed it, peanut butter.
I highly recommend using unsweetened peanut butter with no salt added. But, if you want to use peanut butter sweetened with honey (or have a personal favorite brand), you’ll still end up with delicious cookies!
The second most important ingredient in my eyes is the butter. Unsalted butter is my favorite – mainly because I add a pinch of salt into the batter myself (I like being able to control how much sodium I’m using). Plant-based butter works with this recipe, too!
Apart from those two ingredients, it’s pretty straightforward! Flour, an egg (a flax egg works, too!), vanilla extract, baking soda & powder, sugar, and oat milk.
Optional Add-Ins & Toppings
Basic peanut butter cookies are delicious, but sometimes we want to be a little extra, am I right?
Adding chocolate chips or chunks, cut up peanut butter cups, crushed peanuts, or peanut butter chips will instantly make these cookies that much better. I’d add 1/2 cup at first – you can always add more!
Or, you could add toppings to your finished product!
I love drizzling dark chocolate on top of my cookies. It almost tastes like a peanut butter cup (who wouldn’t want that?) and makes these bad boys look even cooler than they already do.
You could also dunk half a cookie into melted dark chocolate and sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top for more texture!
Or, add some salt immediately after baking to enhance the flavor a bit more (salted peanut butter cookies are to die for).
Whatever you do, I hope these cookies satisfy all your peanut butter cravings 🤤
Let me know in the comments below if you make these & what you topped (or filled) them with!
Looking for more peanut butter filled recipes? Check out my peanut butter & jelly açaí bowl!Print
These peanut butter cookies have been a family favorite for years – they’re chewy, loaded with peanut butter, and easy to customize!
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 Cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Oat Milk
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/4 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Add room temperature butter and peanut butter to a mixing bowl and combine until creamy.
- Add both sugars and combine. Then, add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. Allow your peanut butter dough to chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and scoop 1 TBSP of the dough onto a baking sheet. Make a criss cross pattern with a fork (this helps the dough bake more evenly).
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Store your peanut butter cookies in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: cookies, peanut butter