Introducing your new favorite party food:
Cauliflower hot wings!
They’re easy to make, can be customized to your taste, and they’re freaking delicious (and the crowd goes wild)!!
I’m a lover of all hot wings – cauliflower or not. Honey mustard wings and hot garlic wings are constantly trying to one-up each other (I seriously can’t decide which I like more) but these mild baked cauliflower wings are my current obsession.
These have been a staple in my house for a few years now – in fact, when I first started my food blog (which was once called Eat With Kayla – if you’ve been around since then you’re the real MVP) this one one of the first recipes I posted… along with this picture:
The recipe (and the pictures) have gotten much, much better since then if I do say so myself 😉
To make these for yourself, all you need is cauliflower, oat milk, flour, spices of your choice, minced garlic, hot sauce, or anything you want!
Once you have the ingredients in front of you, it’s pretty straightforward. Cut your cauliflower into florets and put them in a medium-sized bowl. In another bowl mix together the flour, oat milk, and spices. Stir well and pour your mixture on the cauliflower.
Place the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet (with parchment paper!!) and bake for 20 minutes.
While the cauliflower is baking, mix 1 cup of hot sauce and 1 TBSP of minced garlic together then set it to the side. If you want to add more garlic, go for it! I highly recommend using fresh garlic and not garlic powder – the powder isn’t as good if you ask me.
Once the 20 minutes is up, take the cauliflower out of the oven and carefully put them into a bowl. Pour your hot sauce on top of them and stir well. Place them back onto the baking sheet (yes – with parchment paper, again) and bake for another 20 minutes or until they’re crispy!
And that’s it! Serve them with celery, some homemade ranch dressing, and call it a day!
One of the best things about this recipe is that you don’t necessarily need to make hot wing cauliflower bites – you can substitute the hot sauce with BBQ, sweet chili, or whatever you’d like!
The batter ingredients stay the same – the sauce is what changes 🙂
Let me know if you take advantage of this recipe, as well as what you made!Print
Meet your new favorite party snack: cauliflower hot wings! These are easy to make, easily adaptable, and packed with flavor. Enjoy!
- 2 Cauliflower Heads
- 1 Cup Flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup Oat Milk
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 TSP Chili Powder, Onion Powder, and Cumin
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farhenheit. Wash and cut cauliflower heads and place the florets into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, almond milk, and spices. Mix together until a batter forms and then pour the batter over the cauliflower florets. Stir until each floret is coated and then place the florets on a baking sheet – make sure you use parchment paper! Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix the hot sauce, minced garlic, and maple syrup together in a small bowl. After 18-20 minutes of baking, remove the baked cauliflower and place into a large bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the florets and place back onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for another 20 minutes. Once cool, plate them and enjoy!
I urge you to not make more than what you’re going to eat – these cauliflower hot wings aren’t very good as leftovers!