Homemade biscuits are a staple in my house – they’re perfect with sausage gravy, with a bit of jam, or on top of a pot pie!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Milk
- 7 TBSP Butter (Plant-based or regular, unsalted)
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Dried Sage
- Dash of Salt
- Combine the oat milk and apple cider vinegar and set to the side for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and begin mixing all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cube your butter* and with a pastry cutter, fork, or your hands, incorporate it into the dry ingredients.
- Add the buttermilk mixture into your dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- On a well-floured surface, roll the biscuit dough out with your hands and fold it over itself. Repeat this process three more times.
- Cut your biscuits out with a biscuit cutter and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!
*Remember, you want the butter to be super cold (if not frozen).
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: biscuits, breakfast