I’ve got four words for you…
Chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes.
It’s no surprise that this is one of my all-time favorite cupcake recipes to date, right? I mean, dark chocolate cupcakes frosted with homemade strawberry buttercream frosting, topped with drizzled chocolate and a chocolate covered strawberry on top?
Who could resist that? Not me, that’s for sure.
This recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day and is bound to impress your partner, but who the heck says you need to impress anybody?
Make these for yourself – no one would judge you!
These chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes don’t take long to make at all and will last for a few days if you store them in a sealed container.
A Few Baking Tips
- Make sure you sift the cocoa powder – otherwise, you may have large clumps of cocoa powder in your cupcakes (trust me, it doesn’t taste as good as it may sound).
- The batter for these cupcakes will be a bit runny but don’t worry! They’ll set in the oven.
- Use high-quality vanilla extract to enhance the taste of these cupcakes. You can also add some instant espresso to the mix, but I chose to skip it this time around.
These dark chocolate strawberry cupcakes are moist, delicious & dairy-free. And they’re made with just 9 simple ingredients!
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Oat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- Homemade Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place cupcake liners into a cupcake tin and set aside.
- Combine oat milk & apple cider vinegar together and set aside for 5 minutes to make vegan buttermilk.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract to the vegan buttermilk and stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Using a measuring cup or spoon, pour your cupcake batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15 minutes*, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Top with frosting & serve!
*If you’d like to top these cupcakes with chocolate covered strawberries, dip strawberries in melted dark chocolate while the cupcakes are baking and place in the fridge until ready to serve!